Here is a sample of some Bicycles Create Change’s community bike projects.
See blog for other events and projects.
My commuter bike – Leki.
She is a splendour to behold and a wonderful community cohesion tool.
Leki is a joy to ride….. here are some of our adventures:
- Leki & The Ova – Melbourne Sustainability and Living Festival 2014
- Brisbane Climate Change 2015
- Re-cycle Dreams Community Storybook 2016
- English Australia (QLD Branch) PD Fest 2017
- Australian Walking & Cycling Conference 2017
- Have a look through the Instagram account for more local and understated sojourns.
- Interview on Radio 621AM about riding Leki when I participated in the Bisbane ‘Style over Speed’ 2016 event – link here.
For riding in MTB events, I have applied Leki’s colourful spirit to my singlespeed when riding in MTB races like:
LEKI AND THE OVA
For this project I collaborated with the indomitable Claire Tracey to create the roving performance/art bike Leki and The Ova.
This is a pedal-powered no-money/barter/trade/swap, mobile op shop!!
We roved the Melbourne Sustainability and Living Festival (2014) and went out twice a day. It was a rip roaring great success and the crowd loved it!
Who knew that being sustainable could be so stylish, colourful and fun!?!
As an added bonus, I rode Leki AND the Ova (without the clothes, but fully decorated) from Northcote into the centre of Melbourne, then back out again. The caboose perfectly fit the width of the bike lanes – GOLD!
I was impressed with how supportive the motorists and other road users were – everyone was cheering us as I rode past.
What a great advocate to promote safe and fun urban cycling. Hazah!
Here are two examples of my art bikes.
2. Kids bikes are hard work (2016). Social Issue: Child Labour.
BICYCLES CREATE CHANGE SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2016
RECYCLED DREAMS – COMMUNITY STORYBOOK
INSTAGRAM PROJECT: # Bikes_CISTA
#Bikes_ CISTA = Cycling Interspieces Teams of Awesomeness!
At least 1 bike, 1 rider & 1 dog = IG photo!
Check out Instagram #Bikes_CISTA.