Here is a sample of some Bicycles Create Change’s community bike projects.
See blog for other events and projects.
My commuter bike – Leki.
She is a splendour to behold and a wonderful community cohesion tool.
Leki is a joy to ride….. here are some of our adventures:
- Leki & The Ova -Melbourne Sustainability and Living Festival 2014
- Brisbane Climate Change 2015
- Re-cycle DreamsCommunity Storybook 2016
- English Australia (QLD Branch) PD Fest 2017
- Australian Waling & Cycling Conference 2017
- Have a look through the Instagram account for more local and understated sojourns.
- I was interviewed by Radio 621AM about riding and my bike Leki when I participated in the the Style of Speed 2016 event – link here.
For riding in MTB events, I have applied Leki’s colourful spirit to my singlespeed when riding in MTB races like:
LEKI AND THE OVA
For this project I collaborated with the indomitable Claire Tracey to create the roving performance/art bike Leki and The Ova.
This is a pedal-powered no-money, mobile, op shop.
Super great fun!!
Here are two examples of my art bikes.
2. Kids bikes are hard work (2016). Social Issue: Child Labour.
BICYCLES CREATE CHANGE SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2016
RECYCLED DREAMS – COMMUNITY STORYBOOK
INSTAGRAM PROJECT: # Bikes_CISTA
#Bikes_ CISTA = Cycling Interspieces Teams of Awesomeness!
At least 1 bike, 1 rider & 1 dog = IG photo!
Check out Instagram #Bikes_CISTA.